About Me

My photo
Elgin, Texas, United States
I am a single mother of 4 children. I have worked hard to get what I have and get where I am today. Due to the events that have taken place in my life my political view is undecided. There are good values from each political party and some values I do not agree with. I refuse to put myself in a box that makes me a certain party. I like to make my own mind up on the values that I have for myself and my family. I believe a woman has the right to choose, there should be a better health care plan, better education for our children in the public school systems, and there should be a fall back plan in order for when there is a shortage of funds instead of laying people off their jobs.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

How I feel about the Real Issues!!

I agree with everything that was said in kkacn78744 post about “What is the real issue here”.  I have been reading about the budget cuts myself. I am worried not only for my future but my kids’ futures as well. My mother is in her mid 50’s and I am worried for her too. I have four children and I pay for daycare for three of them. They take their lunch to school and I provide them with breakfast before they leave to go to school just so I can save a little money somewhere. I think it is really funny how we can find ways to cut the budget here and there and still make ends meet but the very Government that is suppose to provide and protect can’t come up with a way to do the same. I think they are acting like Peter Pan in reverse. Not stealing from the rich and giving to the poor, they are stealing from the poor and making sure the rich stay rich. They don’t understand how hard it is to make ends meet on our end because they have never had to do so. I have so many deductions by the size of my family I hardly have and taxes taken out but I barely see the benefits of it. I have been working since I was 15 and now I think I am going to work till I am gone. At the rate they are going they are going to turn America into a third world country and we are going to have commercials for starving children in our own backyards. It would be pushing it to think if they did away with social security for them to give us a lump sum check of what we have all worked to put in it. I get a letter each year now telling me how much I would get if I needed it now but that is just a tease.  

No comments:

Post a Comment