About Me

My photo
Elgin, Texas, United States
I am a single mother of 4 children. I have worked hard to get what I have and get where I am today. Due to the events that have taken place in my life my political view is undecided. There are good values from each political party and some values I do not agree with. I refuse to put myself in a box that makes me a certain party. I like to make my own mind up on the values that I have for myself and my family. I believe a woman has the right to choose, there should be a better health care plan, better education for our children in the public school systems, and there should be a fall back plan in order for when there is a shortage of funds instead of laying people off their jobs.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Eric Cantor Is the Democrats’ New Boogeyman

The Caucus is the New York Times Blog page. I love reading the Times. This article was written by Michael D. Shear. This article is meant for Republicans. The reader can tell Mr. Shear is not a Democrat by the tone of his words he is using to describe Eric Cantor as a Boogeyman for the Democrats. Mr. Shear writes “Just about everything having to do with the debt ceiling debate in Washington remains up in the air as negotiators continue in vain to seek some agreement — with the deadline fast approaching. But Democrats appear to have settled on one thing: The person to blame is Representative Eric Cantor of Virginia. Mr. Cantor, the House majority leader, has emerged as the new target for Democratic scorn this week, even as he has upstaged House Speaker John A. Boehner as the primary voice of conservative Republican opposition to tax increases.” Why would he call this man that? Republicans don’t want this man at the table to discuss anything and by putting his name out there as being a Boogeyman discredits him and has the American reader view him the way of the author of this blog, Mr. Shear. Yes Eric has put himself out there with some of the not so professional way he has handled certain things but if he can come up with a great way to solve the issue of the debt cuts I think he should have a chance to let it be know what he thinks should be done. It’s not like they are getting any closer to solving it and the deadline is coming up really soon. Cantor has been known to be a “overdog” and gets what he wants. He has always been that way so why not listen to him. Nothing bad ever came from just letting someone run and idea by someone that might just help. Mr. Shear brought up quotes from Cantons high school year book someone quoted him on. This article was focused on the not so good things Canton has done but did not bring up any of the good he has done. He had to be in office for something.
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment