About Me

My photo
Elgin, Texas, United States
I am a single mother of 4 children. I have worked hard to get what I have and get where I am today. Due to the events that have taken place in my life my political view is undecided. There are good values from each political party and some values I do not agree with. I refuse to put myself in a box that makes me a certain party. I like to make my own mind up on the values that I have for myself and my family. I believe a woman has the right to choose, there should be a better health care plan, better education for our children in the public school systems, and there should be a fall back plan in order for when there is a shortage of funds instead of laying people off their jobs.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Debt Talk Mired, Leader for G.O.P. Proposes Option

In an artice I read from the New Yor Times, McConnell (a Senator leader of Kentucky) states a bipartisan budget cutt deal is out of reach at this time. Republicans are not in favor of a debt limit and surely they won't be by the August 2nd deadline either. President Obama was not represented in the greatest of light. The author of this editorial called him Mr. Obama instead of President Obama. That is clearly giving the reader the idea they are not in agreement with the plans he is trying to interate either. Both sides are wanting to come to some type of budget agreement soon but neither are wanting the same things to cut. Republicans want to put Medicare, Medicade, ans Socil Security on the chopping block to help with the governments deep debt. Democrates on the other hand think it is a panicky sell out and there are other ways to cut the budget without cutting programs that so many Americans need right now. That would leave so many people without medical help or financial help for the elderly that are low income.
In the statement made by the author of this, she writes "Mr. Obama has been on the offensive in the fight over the budget, calling for more deficit reduction than Republicans are and urging both parties to put ideology aside in favor of compromise". I truley don't think they are on his side at all. He has only been president for a short time and had to find a way to get the budget in order from previous misspending from the Republican president that is no longer in the White House.
Among administration officials, that fear offset their relief that the McConnell proposal suggested at least a fallback in the event that the talks break down.
“Senator McConnell’s proposal today reaffirmed what leaders of both parties have stated clearly, that defaulting on America’s past-due bills is not an option,” the White House press secretary, Jay Carney, said in a statement. “The president continues to believe that our focus must remain on seizing this unique opportunity to come to agreement on significant, balanced deficit reduction.” I don't think this is going to end well at all. After a long meeting on Tuesday they agreed to come bacn on Wednesday to continue the discusion on the $14.3 trillion dollar budget cut. They only have about 3 more weeks for this to come to the end.
Mr. McConnell, who after Republicans’ gains in the November elections said their goal would be to make Mr. Obama a one-term president, said in a morning speech in the Senate, “After years of discussions and months of negotiations, I have little question that as long as this president is in the Oval Office, a real solution is probably unattainable.” It is sad they somehow they thought everything would get fixed in one term.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/13/us/politics/13fiscal.html

1 comment:





  1. 1 for the best coupns and deal you can visit our website
    2 it is very nice post and also informative for me thaks for sharing this amazaing contant
    3 nice post i learn alot



    coupon outlet











    ReplyDelete